of Fine Arts
Bernard V. Bothmer, June 1969
Bernard V. Bothmer (1912-1993):
An Egyptologist and His Legacy
This website is dedicated to the memory of Bernard V. Bothmer, one of the great Egyptologists and Art Historians of the past century. As this site evolves, we shall attempt to bring together articles and links that will acquaint a new generation with the life work of a unique and gifted scholar, museum curator and teacher.
- Bernard V. Bothmer: Some Personal Reflections, by James F. Romano
- Bernard V. Bothmer (1912-1993), by Richard A. Fazzini
- Bernard V. Bothmer, 1912-1993: an Appreciation, by Diane Bergman
- Bibliography of Bernard V. Bothmer, compiled by Diane Bergman
- Courses Taught at New York University, Institute of Fine Arts
Egypt 1950: My First Visit, by Bernard V. Bothmer, edited by Emma Swan Hall (Oxford: Oxbow Books, 2003).
Egyptian Art: Selected Writings of Bernard V. Bothmer, edited by Madeleine E. Cody (now available from Oxford University Press)
B.V. Bothmer on Mount Sinai, 17 March 1966
Created and Maintained by Dr. Edward K. Werner
©2013 Edward K. Werner
Last updated: May 12, 2013